Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feb 26 - Onward with the 30x40 Oil of the Pasture

Your art lesson continues with this 30x40 oil painting. The canvas is now covered with the inherent values of the major areas--there is no true focal point, although the lightest area near the gate, which is painted with the Warm Box of the Color System. This contrast of temperatures gives a distinct depth to the work, with the foreground sunlit areas contrasting nicely with the distant appearing hues from the Cool Box.

When I work on a large canvas like this one, it takes a bit longer to get it all together. Although it is further along sitting on the easel behind me, I enjoy seeing it at this earlier stage, knowing I was on the right track....

More tomorrow!

You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2009 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: