Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feb 24 - Still Plein Air Painting and Loving It!

Two for one, today! The Spaghetti Factory building in Riverside is the first painting. I started and finished this yesterday on location, under wet skies, as part of the Riverside Plein Air Paint Out. Most of the other artists picked the diagonal corner across from the building, but I liked the distant sky light above the vined walkway on the opposite corner instead. This 12 x 12 acrylic was done, like the Victoria Avenue piece, completely with the Cool Box from the Color System. The streets were wet, and traffic was light, so it was a fun paint. Took me about an hour and a half for this artwork.

And for your additional pleasure, here's the second pass on the 30 x 40 oil that dominates my studio. I'm quite pleased with the way it is coming along, and will share more images of it tomorrow. I'm laying in the large color fields to get the canvas covered (no mean feat with this large of a surface!) and paying close attention to the mid-range of values that need to fill this area so that the gorgeous backlit foliage will really get attention. Again, I'm completely in the Cool Box as I paint the soft mid tones.
Workshops: I have six people for the workshop in June already, so if you'd like a taste of the Color Boot Camp here in California, please email me your intent. I'm giving a painting demonstration in Hemet next month (March) and I'm pretty darned sure those last four spaces will be gone by then. April's workshop is full with a wait list forming. The June workshop is set for June 4 (evening) through 7th, so you can mark your calendars. Cost is still $195 for three days and lunches. Email me your interest, and I'll hold you a spot.

You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2009 is HERE. (The June workshop isn't up yet.)
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: