Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb 23 - A Big One - 30 x 40 Oil

I'm using some of the photographs I took in Georgia last year to create this morning light landscape of the forests, fields and fences of the area on Fay's farm. This is the rough design, painted over a scuffed orange wash to get rid of the white.

You can already see the tension created by the horizontal fence line, the verticals of the tree trunks, and the angled fence line taking you into the picture plane. Interesting how just a few lines can already create a feeling of depth on a flat surface. The color will only enhance this! I'll be using the Color System to depict morning light. I know there will be an animal or animals in the composition, but right now I haven't decided where they'll go. I know they'll be back further, so you'll have to seek them out, traveling the design path to get to them. Painting is such fun!

I've decided to open another workshop here at my studio in California--in June--the Three Day Color Boot Camp. Returning Boot Campers are "Repeat Offenders" and three timers are getting "Re-booted"! Looks like it will be from Thursday evening, June 4th through Sunday, June 7th. I have five slots tentatively filled so far, and if you'd like to be a part of the fun, just email me.

You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2009 is HERE. (June isn't listed yet.)
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: