Friday, August 21, 2009

Aug 21 - Susie Q is Painted Again!

Sebastopol's Color Boot Camp is over, but I thought you'd enjoy the painting that demonstrates evening light for the participants. This is one of Fay's Georgia heifers, and she is marked so well for demonstrating what happens to white and brown when in light and shadow that I have used her more than once in my workshops!

It's a 9 x 12 ($150), and the source image is to the right of the painting...to share with you how the Color System makes the ordinary into extraordinary. Warm box colors in the light and cool box colors in shadow.

I received rave reviews for the just-completed workshop, and the comments mostly were about how logical the Color System is, and how easy it is to apply.
Here's a lineup of one students' paintings for the three days (without the value studies and "silly" painting). It's amazing how they all "read right". Backlit, morning, mist, clouds/sunrise and moonlight. All from an artist who had never used the Color System before. (Thanks, Paula!)

One more workshop scheduled for October in Riverside, now set for October 8-11. I'll update my site with links for signing up in the weeks ahead, and have been taking emails to notify you when that page is up. Color Boot Camp!!

Tonight I head for the coast again, and more fog paintings of the ocean. Then home....

Thanks go to Jacob Cohen of Sunnyvale, California on the purchase of "Incoming" today, and also to the many folks who are the happy owners of the Colorful Oil Painting DVD sets from the demonstration. I'll have that painting for you in the days to come.

You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2009 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: