Monday, August 17, 2009

Aug 17 - In Ukiah, Sebastopol and Bodega

What a wonderful trip so far! I'm sitting in a Starbucks coffee shop wifi-ing to you with the evening sun heading down, and relaxing after the first day of the Sebastopol workshop. Two more days of "Color Boot Camp" and there are 14 people together with "yellin' by Elin". And I'm just slam-dunked by the amazing paintings coming out with the Color System, even on this first day.

Two days ago, I painted for the art group in Ukiah, which is about an hour and a half north of here. Great group in a lovely museum setting, and although they were pressured by preparations for the museum's annual fundraiser event, we were able to get out in plenty of time. This is a 16 x 12 acrylic of the coast to the west of them, done to convey the fog breaking up and the sun coming through. It still needs a bit of tweaking for details, but I'm pleased with the composition. If it seems similar to an earlier moonlight painting, you're right! The Color System allows you to change the time of day on source material to match what YOU want. I'm pleased with it at this stage.

In the coming days, I'll be posting the Sebastopol and Bodega Bay plein air work and the workshops demonstration pieces for you.

You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2009 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

1 comment:

Lovethiscottage.blogspot.com said...

Love the light in this painting..
So disappointed about the Maine cancellation of color boot camp, and hoping it will take place next year same time, with enough students. Count me in!