Monday, June 26, 2006

June 26 - Color Study, Del Mar Race Track


"Color Study, Del Mar" I spent some time now that I'm home, in the studio looking over some sales catelogues from Sotheby's from some time ago. They auctioned off a few Sir Alfred Munnings' paintings, and I enjoyed seeing how he manipulated a brush. This little 6 x 4 painting resulted in the wee hours of the night, to put into practice what came through my eyes earlier in the day. The essence of the subject, with rich brushmarks. This source was a photo I took at Del Mar last summer. One of the things I was working toward is the thick aplication of paint, without overworking any area. Now I'm off to sleep, with a full plate this week and many more daily paintings about which to dream! Original oil, shown actual size of 6 x 4 inches $100 from the artist. 

No comments: