Sunday, June 25, 2006

June 25 - Barb Reading


"Barb Reading" Here I sit, trapped in the Denver Airport, having had the most wonderful day, until spiraling down to a lousy return batch of problems that I'd not wish on my worst enemy!  First, since I didn't make my connecting flight on my arrival on the 22nd, the airline assumed I'd died, and sold my seats, effectively canceling my return reservations, for which I'd PAID, of course!  After unsnarling the first leg of my flight, I get on the plane, and I find that someone from the prior flight had urinated on the cushion and then hidden it under napkins and a blanket.  YUCK!  
  Sigh....
  Now I'm on standby with a three hour wait for my flight to our local airport in Southern California, which is already 40 minutes behind schedule.  I did get a bit of money for the hassles they caused me, but if anyone can learn from this, I'll sure feel better.  Let 'em know you're still alive if you miss a flight, even if it is their fault!  I don't fly enough to know these kinds of things, and they don't TELL you.  You'd think with my email and phone address, someone would call instead of taking away my flights!
  This morning we enjoyed a wonderful brunch and then I painted Barb, who thoroughly enjoys the newspapers and the game of Scrabble.  This is a 9 x 12 inch canvas, (which she now owns) showing her sitting at Gaye's dining room table.  It took me a little over an hour to do. I love the feeling of light...
  I'm sending it early, because I know I'm going to be stuck in this airport for a while, and will be home a bit late..
SOLD

No comments: