Saturday, April 02, 2011

Apr 2 - Two Horses Continues, with the source material

It's OK, you're NOT unsubscribed!!!
I made a huge mistake when I changed over your emails from Google Groups to this new mailing list server. It sent out a notice and it shouldn't have happened! I'm so sorry--so many of you wrote worried notes that you wouldn't be getting my blog. I can only say, after the fact, that perhaps it was an April Fool's Joke? But I'd never do anything like that to my friends out in cyberspace! We're still all together, now safely on the mailing list provider in my account.
Source Material for these paintings
 
Here's the source material for the paintings I'm doing. I doctored up the original--the foal was in a poorly designed position, so I Photoshopped her closer to her mom. And I moved mom to the right. Always leave MORE room in front of a horse than behind. Gives 'em some place to GO.

 
April 2 - Two Horses in Acrylics, Second Stages
Second Pass, Two Paintings, Different Background.  Here's where I cover the canvas, keeping in mind the design of the painting, but absolutely without any concern for any edges. I'm "massing in" the large areas of color, choosing those colors based upon the time of day (late morning) and also whether the area is nearby, or over 300 feet away. I change from warm to cool when I get into the distance.
 
The source material is nice, but nothing remarkable. Take a look to the left.
 
Workshop information is HERE.
Please forward this on to your friends, and thank you! 
 
Thanks for reading,
Elin
 
Please forward...
 
Please forward this on to anyone you think would be interested in these online lessons. I love to share what I know about painting, and it is your sharing with other folks that make this possible.

No comments: