Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oct 14 - Another Ten Minutes, and the Salt Lake City Sky Bridge

Ten more minutes in and the mid-tones are set in place. The colors used for these mid-tones are completely out of the Cool Box, and all I've done is add white to them. I didn't even clean my palette, but mixed down into the colors already there with the white.

Now the lake's furthest edge cuts through my original trees, but I need that complete line, as it is important to have it go fully across, since we all know water "seeks its own level". During the NEXT ten minutes, I'll paint those tress back in.

So, I've laid in thin darks (structure, first ten minutes), mid-tones in large shapes (second ten minutes), and... can you guess what will come next? Tomorrow will be revealing...

On another note, it is SO exciting to know that National Geographic has picked up on the massive glass project of Ron Wood (the last project of Ron's partnership company before Ron went solo). You can see the framework for the Salt Lake City's glass "Sky Bridge" going up as their "World's Toughest Fixes" and it is happening TONIGHT (Thursday, 8 pm) on television. Wish I had cable! Here's the LINK. I had mentioned that Ron did large projects? All I can say is... WOW.

We're still working on the collaboration of the fused glass panels. Just love the creative energy!

The newest DVD on the Color System is HERE
You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2010 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: