Thursday, September 28, 2006

September 28 - Mare and Foal in Pasture


"Moving Forward" How profound this painting is for me. Here I am in the new (chaotic) studio, and yet I keep my head focused on the future and the paintings that will emerge from this space, and voila! I make a definite keeper. This 6 x 12 oil is a marriage of Kentucky memories and horse language with the mare taking the youngster forward into greener pastures! I'm taking my art that way, too, with planned workshops next year and a full schedule this fall. Can we as artists paint our own futures? I think so. One of those lines for accomplishing something comes to me now, as I remember what I used to tell students, "Aim at nothing; you'll hit it." So I aim for a bright and positive future. Potholes on that road may slow me down, but, like the mare, I'm moving forward. This wet oil is available for $325. It's a good 'un! Available from the Daily Paintings web site for this date.

No comments: