Saturday, May 13, 2006

May 13 - Limoges


Tonight's painting is of a Limoges sugar bowl and creamer that has been in the family since my grandmother was married--before 1900.  This dark blue and silver inlaid set has always been visible somewhere in our house as I grew up.  Today was also my mother's memorial service, and my brother put together a fifty minute video of images spanning over seventy years of my mother's life and marriage to my dad.  Their three kids, and extended grandkids and great grandkids gathered today to celebrate and remember.  I'm drained from the emotional content--brought to tears by so many things I'd never seen and achingly missing the past.  Poignantly sad at the finality of the images I've seen, I'm still filled with the wonderfulness of the legacy my parents created.  
  Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.
  Original oil, 9 x 12 inches on canvas. 

No comments: