Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Mar 8 - Calicobermans Finished

Finished and now on display in Kansas City at the Art Show at the Dog Show! 24 x 24 box canvas, "Calicobermans" won third place in the Other Media category.

As artists we have a supreme obligation to interpret our world around us, and we do so by taking our realities and putting them through our sensitivities and training to emerge in our art forms--whatever those take. As I have said often, it isn't about the end product (nice to have something that works, though!), it is about the PROCESS of creating that is of value for me. I hope it is for you, too.

Art is part of my life--a big part--and sometimes, like a wave, life comes and takes me under for a while. However, I've always been like a cork, rising to the top even in the greatest deluge. I credit optimism, a greater world view, and close friends for my buoyancy. Thanks to you! And Good Things continue to happen--I've been asked to judge the Del Mar Fair's Plein Air event this coming June. I love to do that--going to the fair is always fun, and it's a full day of watching my peers paint, enjoying the funnel cakes and even going on a ride or two!

Here's the new mom ewe with her two lambs--the white one is a girl, the brown and white one is the boy. Although smaller, he's up and nursing well now. And yes, all my sheep wear bells--the beauty of the sound lifts my soul as they graze. Mrs. Redhen watches with interest.

The newest DVD on the Color System is HERE
You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2011 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: