Sunday, February 07, 2010

Feb 7 - Another Acrylic Finished...Goats!

Called "Exploring", this 12 x 16 acrylic was started last year at a demonstration and talk for the Hemet Valley Art Association. I finished it up today, and will be taking the original to the demonstration next Wednesday. I just love working with the thin veils of color, developing interesting passages within larger values and hues. It takes time, but I have time right now. I especailly love the blues on the shadowed sides of the black and white kids.

Bringing a painting to a finished state is a sort of dance with what's going on in front of me coupled with the knowledge in my head. Choices are made for color, brush marks and areas to develop based upon that partnership. Oh, and listening to a good audio book doesn't hurt!

I did make time today to go with a great bunch of folks hiking on Sunday morning, and we all went out for brunch afterward. In the image below, I'm the one midway down the table next to the fellow in the black cap. Keeping excess pounds off is part of the strength I am finding, and I take great pleasure in being able to do many things at this point in my life. Being in good condition is a gift one gives oneself--no one else can do that for you!

Thanks to those of you who wrote yesterday, I know...however it is good to know there are others with this section on the road of experience behind them! Going out with folks helps, you betcha.

You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2010 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: