Wednesday, July 18, 2007

July 18 - Tweaking for the Cowboy Jubilee

I'm pulling work out of the racks and making selections for the show up in Tenaja, for the Cowboy Jubilee. It's fun to look once again at some of my earlier pieces, and this one needed a "bit of a jolt". Used for the invitation for one of the summer art shows at the Visitor's Center, This 24 x 30 acrylic was painted on location and shows Rancho California Road heading toward Tenaja. I was in the Sylvan Meadows parking area.
I tweaked it a bit, brightening up the foreground and unifying the sky into more closely related values. My goal was to have the feeling of passing cloud shadows throughout.
Getting ready for a show when I haven't done an outdoor venue in a while is interesting--I have to find and put together my "kit bag" of tools, and think about the whole presentation with groups of art. Sigh.
In between that I'm shipping Acrylic Painting - Fast and Loose! DVDs. Retired? HAHAHA!


You can see the entire blog here. And purchase the newest acrylic painting DVD "Acrylic Painting - Fast and Loose!" here.

If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: