Friday, March 02, 2007

March 2 - Arizona Drive - Full Moon!


Heading into Arizona, I saw the full moon rising over the mountains still lit by the setting sun. Looking intensely at it while I drove, I tried my best to remember all the details and the juxtaposition of the light and values. The desert expanses of this area of Arizona allow the mind to expand as well. Driving was long, but now I'm at the ranch, and able to send on this 6 x 8 acrylic of the evening sky. I couldn't upload it last night since where I stayed no longer has Internet available. More painting tomorrow, after I get my horse for the week, and go on a three-hour trail ride. My friends from the East Coast are here, and the week ahead looks bright! The scenery is beautifully austere and LOADED with subtle grays and muted color. What fun to capture it this week! I'll have photos for you, too!

No comments: