Thursday, March 01, 2007

March 1 - Off and Running, Packing for Arizona


Just a little quick study painting today, because I am off and packing for my departure on the drive over to Arizona, and painting is important! However, since I'm headed for Arizona on the morrow, and will have just a boatload of subjects to paint by tomorrow evening and through next week, I cannot begin a lesson painting just yet.
I surely hope that I won't be unable to post from the ranch, that I will be able to send your images along each day. I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it!
For today, when I was out packing the car, I looked up into our tall pines and saw the full moon coming through the branches, and yet the sun was glowing on the trunk of the tree. I studied/perceived it while it lasted, and brought the memory of it to this 7 x 5 inch acrylic. Interesting note: this is painted with a bunch of "leftover" paints, not my normal palette, because those are already in the car! I did go out and get the titanium white, though...

No comments: