Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February 28 - Cold Finish for the end of the Month - Horses in Snow


I know you have been patiently waiting for the finish on this step-by-step painting of the horses in the snow, and I'm pleased to share with you the work today. A fitting end to the end of February--brrrr!! This part of the painting process was with a focus on edges and details. None of those details or edges were in any way important in the last view of this work (February 25). This part of the painting process is actually a lot of fun for me, as I make decisions aobut what is important, and what isn't. This stage can be the most difficult for the learner, in that without experience, the choices are so many! So may I encourage you to paint more, for there truly is no short cut to making good paintings except the doing of it--the progressing from learner to experienced artist done with miles of canvas under your brushes!
Being experienced encouraged me to add the steam breath of the horses, increasing the feel of cold weather. Entitled "Waiting for Dinner", this 16 x 20 original oil is available for $850 from the here for today's date.

Entire Blog is here.

Congratulations to returning collector Charlotte McDavid of Birmingham, Alabama, on her purchase of the "Pot of Red" from earlier this month.

Now, you all know I'm going to Arizona next week, leaving Friday? I am going to do my very best to post a painting each day for you, but have heard from my friends who are already there that they only have dialup service, which is very slow. I promise to make paintings every day I am there, and will post them as I am able.

No comments: