Sunday, June 04, 2006

June 4 - In a Foggy Valley (Horses)


"In a Mountain Valley"  The mist rises on the morning valley pasture and the horses are alert as the sun glows off the mountains above.  But this mountain sunlight is only seen in the water, which makes for a most interesting composition, and a bit of a surprise after seeing the two black horses.
I am reflecting on things that are like these mountains, missed because I am looking down, focused in a different direction.  People around us who care and have a different view, point out the beauty in our lives, and then we see it.  I always love how water takes beauty and presents it to us in another way, and am often amazed at how much beauty we miss in reflections.
  Tonight I reflect on the list folk who have said what I write makes the art come alive for them, and I need to say how grateful I am that you feel this way.  Like the reflections in the water, you give to me a view of the world I might otherwise miss.  Thank you!
  Original oil on canvas, 12 x 9 inches.  US $ 400 

No comments: