Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jul 29 - Detail shots of the Wolf Painting in Progress

I thought I'd show you two of several detail images of the wolf painting that is coming along on the DVD.

Can you see the layers of paint at this early stage? These two images were taken right after the cameras stopped rolling for the "first pass" on the easel--covering the canvas. Layering with acrylics allows for nuances that might not be there with thicker applications of paint--as with oils. One major reason that I love the acrylics! I painted with them for almost 15 years straight before returning to oils.

The wolf "Yuki" who was the model for this painting died suddenly (age seven) right after I started the painting. Mysteriously eerie, as the photographs were taken years ago. I just heard about it yesterday.

It's my birthday, and I'm celebrating by having had a breakfast out and I will be going to swim and play tomorrow. Then the weekend will see serious digital editing for the DVD! I don't count the years I've lived, but count the good times I've had instead!

Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.
You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2010 is HERE.

No comments: