Thursday, October 05, 2006

October 5 - The New Studio and Daily Painting


"At Ease in Himself" This painting came off the acrylic brushes tonight, with a "look". Do you see it? He knows who he is, what he can do, and where he's going. Lots of appeal in that kind of man. The Bushrod Gentry character in "Many Rivers to Cross" perhaps, or the Sam Elliot macho man, with attitude.  Without fail, though, this was the kind of man who made me sit up and take notice as a younger woman!  It's so much fun to have the skill now to paint them any time I want one. The painting is an 10 x 8 canvas, and if it doesn't sell, I just might hang it in the guest bathroom! I may do it anyway because I enjoy looking at him! $200 Available from the Daily Paintings web site for this date.

Here's a picture of the new easel area, showing the onions set up on the stand, and the taaboret and Hughes easel. Yesterday's painting is on it. To the right is "Butterflies on My Nose" which looks like may be back on the market. I'm enjoying her while she's around! You can enlarge this image by opening it in a new window.
On the back of my chair is a wonderfully outrageous painting apron sent by Lanie Frick from Missouri, who makes these out of her Dad's old coveralls. Lots of pockets, and thank you, my friend!

No comments: