Monday, October 30, 2006

October 30 - Last Sunset in Hawaii


"Final Sunset" Hard to say farewell to the Islands where we have spent our last ten days, and fly back to the mainland to continue with the routine and cadence of our ordinary lives, but how better to convey the feeling of leaving than by painting a gorgeous sunset? I write to you from my living room in Riverside now, having made it safely back after an uneventful flight. Very tired now, and managed to acquire a head cold (my own fault, I rubbed my eyes--I KNOW better than to do that!) so I'm going to toddle off to bed and hope the morning will bring the beginning of routines and reuniting with our animals. Seiko (the "watch" dog) estacically ran around in circles when we drove up!
Original acrylic, 5 x 7 inches, available for $100 from the Daily Paintings Website for this date.

No comments: