Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11 - The Workshop Begins - Cat Demo


"Lesson Cat" Today in the class we studied the importance of values, design and composition. At the end of the day, after the students practiced some of the value exercises, I painted this neat cat by the edge of a lily pond to show them the traditional way of handling acrylic paints. This 12 x 9 inch painting demonstrated the "most normal" expectation of acrylics--that they can behave like oils--and serves as the jumping-off point for the exercises and work that is coming tomorrow and this week. Available for $250 directly from me, but I can only ship it after I return to California, as I have to mount it on board--that's after September 23, but you can buy it from the web site at dailypaintings.com for this date.

No comments: