Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 17 - Early Light Cloudscape


"Early Light" I picked up this oval canvas that has been sitting around for what seems like forever, and painted this early morning light on clouds , not thinking practically. Photographing this puppy for the web site and for this email has been a real "pickle." Oh, the photography was fine, it was manipulating it so I could make it easy for you to see its oval shape, that stretched those Photoshop abilities.
Regardless, here it is for your pleasure, camera shenanigans notwithstanding. Original Oil, 5 x 7 inches, $100.
Today I met with a couple on a commission reconnoiter trip to the area they want me to paint. We talked about time of day, expanse of the vista, and the complication of adding six people to the landscape. How's that for a challenge? You'll see it here first, I promise. Size for the Santa Rosa Plateau commission? 15 x 30 inches.

No comments: