Thursday, December 22, 2005

December 22 - Greek Harbor


It is so late tonight. Almost 11 pm, and I'm tired. My family went to my mom's assisted living place and celebrated an early Christmas with lunch there. Mom's 96 and is alert, but very frail and afraid of falling now. I painted this scene from photographs I took while on my honeymoon in 1997, and still love the complete feeling of escape that happens when I look into the waters and the opaque reflections of the boats and white buildings. Paradise. I'm not going to put any more paintings on ebay until after the holiday--no one is shopping expecting to get a painting shipped by Christmas now, so I'm relaxing a bit, and just painting for myself. This is an oil, 8 x 10 inches, available only from my dailypaintings.com site.

No comments: