Monday, December 19, 2005

December 19 - Sunset View from My Studio


This is a peaceful painting. I needed peace this afternoon, as changes are in the wind for my husband and I. We may move... a daunting thought! Coming home tonight, we had our bi-weekly massages, and relaxed and yet energized, I walked into the studio to do my work. Today just wasn't right for a detailed, larger work. Tomorrow will suit for that endeavor. The sunset light on the hills and in the sky was just so subtle and gentle--that's it, I said.
Grabbing an already prepped canvas (this one had some dry Australian Red Gold on it), and since I had left the paints out on the taboret in their pill boxes, it was no time at all before I was working on this one.
My effort was in getting the mixtures of the greyed sky without it being too garish, and yet conveying that gentle light. I used to waste a lot of canvas trying for these, but now, knowing the color system to make it right the first get-go, it is no longer a problem. That sky and those clouds went in first, and then the land. The last brushmarks were done on the yellow portion of the lightest sky.
Available on ebay HERE.

No comments: