Thursday, October 06, 2011

Oct 6 - Workshop News, Evening Light

I'm planning the things I'm going to be teaching in the workshops in Georgia, and one major point of the Color Boot Camps is the Time of Day (or ToD).

This image is from the time I spent in Idyllwild this past summer, painting the sights and landmarks in this mountain community. (one of only two places I know where they don't allow franchise business--no Starbucks, no McDonalds, no Waffle Houses).

This 8 x 6 acrylic demonstrates evening light as it falls on the icon of Lily Rock, a rock climber's Mecca. The Color System is working here in affecting the lights and shadows with the dominant influence we find in evening light. I know if you've seen my DVD on Evening Light, you'll pick out what's happening here.

This painting IS available, from me for $95 with free shipping.  (email)

I plan to paint every day while I'm in Georgia, during and after the workshop days' end, so the students will see the Color System in action, including evening light! Hope you can join me. I think there's a space left in the bunkhouse! Last-minute getaways are good for the soul.

The newest DVD on the Color System is HERE
You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2011 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: