Wednesday, May 06, 2009

May 8 - The Georgia Workshop Finished Up

It's Friday night, and the five-day workshop is finished here in Georgia, and what a great one it was! The students painted beautiful paintings, the time of day with the Color System keps falling off their brushes, and all went away worn out and ready to apply the new knowledge to their work.

I'm tired, but satisfied that I did my best in sharing the Color System with them. Tonight I reflect on how it went, what I can do better next week in Florida, and enjoy the quiet introspection.

Here for your pleasure is the 9 x 12 oil I did as a demonstration piece for evening light. This is "Susie" one of Fay's brood cows, and I quickly painted this for the demonstration and lecture of evening light. It is now in the hands of returning Boot Camper Joanna Karpay of Tampa, Florida, and on it's way to its new home.

And all of us had a silly night last night when they presented Fay (hostess on the left) and me with capes adorned with lines of praise and humor during the annual camp fire dinner we have now for the workshops. Note the full moon making fools of us all! What a great workshop, great place, and great folks!

Two days, and Sparky and I will be driving to Florida for the next workshop. Stay tuned for more images!

You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2009 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: