Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22 - UCR Botanic Gardens Plein Air Primavera

Last Sunday found me on the grounds of the University of California Riverside Botanic Gardens as a guest artist for the Primavera event. Many fine restaurants and wineries were on hand with samples of their cuisine and beverages--and I enjoyed that as well as the light and activity.

It was a warm afternoon, and so I painted this scene of the tents, ribbon banners and people gathered around socializing in a quick 9 x 12 Golden Open acrylic painting. Mostly just gestural mark-making with the brush, nothing is clearly defined. But that lets YOU define it in your mind.

The warm and cool boxes are much in evidence with the light and shadows working together.

Here's another memory of the misty morning light in Florida, on the grounds of the Carriage Museum. Many ideas for future paintings down the "road" in reviewing these images. They are so peaceful. Grand place, as is the Georgia farm and the East Coast in general. I'm ready to return!

You can see my entire blog HERE.
My workshop schedule for 2009 is HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: