Friday, March 07, 2008

Mar 7 - One More for Norco's Show, Pack Mule

This is one more oil painting that is currently hanging in the Norco Western Art Show on my premier artist wall--a demonstration for the workshop in February, which turned into noon light without any help from me a bit later on! (Note the blue shadows!)
It is an 8 x 10 oil, and is called "In Line". The background is noticeably softer in feel, and the trees flanking both edges present structure for the viewer that perhaps is not obvious until pointed out.
The color scheme is definitely analogous, following the well-worn path of Hal Reed's color wheel (based upon Munsell's).

All of these paintings will be up on the dailypaintings.com site later next week, and then they'll have prices on them as original works. Next week is the March workshop Mini Color Boot Camp here in my studio!

You can see my entire blog here.

If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: