Monday, August 06, 2007

August 6 - Maine Revisited, Acrylic 9 x 12

Ah, summer in Maine! On the second day of the workshop, I took the students out to paint on location just a stone's throw from both the ocean and the central location for the "Color Boot Camp". The goal for this painting was to focus on values, and the all-important six value plans in the paintings. I demonstrated this one, painting in acrylics, and included the beaver lodge in the lower middle part--the local wildlife! The fog was coming in and out across the water, and the wildflowers were blooming like gangbusters!

This painting is already in the hands of Carolyn O'Connor, from Washington Grove, Maryland.

You can see the entire blog here.

If you need to email me directly, please click here.

1 comment:

Nancy Standlee said...

A fellow artist, Connie, from http://canvasbycanvas.com ordered the color dvd's and was telling me how great they were. I decided I needed to check out your site and you have some lovely paintings. I've ordered your dvd on acrylic painting just now. Can't wait to see you work!!
http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com