Sunday, March 18, 2007

March 18 - Black Angus Cross - Power on the Hoof, 8 x 10 Acrylic


Taking a small moment away from two commissions that need my attention, I brought out the acrylics again for this 8 x 10 of one of the cows on the Grapevine Canyon Ranch. I really liked the palette knife work on yesterday's Peony, so I wanted to continue with it. We saw a lot of heifers while we rode on the ranch, and because they are handled gently by the cowboys, they are not afraid when you ride close. It's calving time now, and many day-olds were on the ground with their mamas not far off. This heifer was curious about that person on the horse with the camera! Palette knives and gel medium gives this gem a depth and glow that can't be achieved with just a brush.

Available for $120 through my ebay store.

No comments: