Saturday, April 21, 2007

April 21 - The Commission Finished

Finished up this portrait of Meg, and the individual who requested this commission is just thrilled. I'm really pleased with it as well, since it not only allows me to do something meaningful for someone, but it also allows me to think through the puzzle of solving the issues unique to the task.

Sorry about the flub-up on yesterday's subject line. That happens when I type in a date--last year's subject automatically slips in, and I just forgot to update it. Been to Hawaii, not going back any time soon.

Tomorrow is Earth Day, and Betty and I will be heading over to a special event at Dos Lagos near Corona to paint "en plein air'. I will be saying goodby to her next Wednesday, and she already knows how sad that will make me. It's been great fun having such an accomplished artist and friend to interact with, and I'll miss her conversations and good heart.

So tomorrow's painting will be one of the two or more I'll do while on location. See ya then!


You can enjoy the entire blog here.

If you need to email me directly, please click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear elin
your pictures are so beautiful i am going to use the way you pain in my GCSE art coursework.
i am in year 10, in high school, in england. Your art has inspiered me to paint because i hope one day my art will look as fantastic as yours.
signed
anonymous
xxx