Thursday, March 15, 2007

March 15 - The Wrangler Painting, One More Pass


It isn't quite finished just yet, but well on its way. I have established the contrast of the sunlight on the forms and ground where needed, and reduced the general value of the shadowed areas to enhance the contrast. I used resin gel medium with my colors to glaze over the areas and reduce the values. Those wonderful Classic Oils are very versatile! One must not rely so heavily on source material that it takes away from the dramatic possibilities. I apoogize for the poor quality of image tonight. I took it in the ambient light of my studio, after dark. When it is finished and the last details added, I'll be sure to have an image taken outdoors to show the true colors and vagaries of value. Now off to sleep.
Complete blog with more images here.

No comments: