Wednesday, April 19, 2006

April 19 - Cat in a "Patch of Sunshine"


"Patch of Sunshine" Today has been the day of cats. I spent most of it painting ceilings (Michaelangelo? I don't think so!) while the roofers finished up outside. It is slow work, but gives great satisfaction. Rollers and plastic drop cloths... thus the connection to the cats, and today's painting. Pesto, the young calico (half sweet and half nuts, like a Hershey bar) has decided that plastic makes great noise and pouncing onto it is great fun. Those shenanigans annoyed the heck out of the painting process to the point where I had to finally shut her out of the room, much to her consternation. Very vocal, that one. Listening to a Brother Cadfael audio mystery, I had the volume up loud.
I'm painting the ceilings white, and I have paint spatters from here to tomorrow afternoon on my hands and arms. So today's painting is a white cat, perhaps the result of falling in the paint bucket?

This is a 5 x 7 acrylic. $100

No comments: