Friday, December 16, 2005

December 16 - Windmill Morning Fog


I woke up this morning and headed to the studio to turn on the Capresso 1300 automatic coffee machine, and looked out the window behind it and saw our windmill encased in morning fog. What a view. This daily painting business has enhanced my sight--in that I am always thinking as I look at things, trying to be as receptive as I can to the visions that cross my path. I've seen this windmill, which I love, every day for over six years, yet now I SEE it. I carried today's painting in my head until 9 pm, what with my husband's birthday tomorrow, and all the Christmas rush of mailing out things through the post office. But at 9 pm, my brushes hit the acrylics and this 5 x 7 gallery wrap canvas, and this painting appeared. I'm really happy with it, because I was seeking to get that soft, soft mist of the morning light. I think I nailed it.
Available on ebay HERE.

No comments: