Tuesday, December 13, 2005

December 13 - Junk Man


I had to pull out all the stops today, and paint something spectacular, because of the Robert Genn newsletter going to thousands of artists' email in boxes. So this 24 x 30 oil came off the brushes, and it is from material I had taken 'way back in the 80s. There used to be a really interesting swap meet near my home, where I'd go and buy, and occasionally sell my excess chickens and farm stuff. Bought a lot of rabbit cages back then. Now the dirt is under a new Home Depot. Not nearly as much fun to shop, and no haggling over prices! I just loved how he sat, king over all he saw, and his objects paying homage to him there. Yes, only one day to paint it. When it's right, it's right. I waited for eighteen years before I was ready, and good enough to do it justice. Available directly from me for $875.

No comments: