Thursday, December 15, 2005

December 15 - Lunch Break #2

What to paint? It is 8 pm, and nothing is coming off the brushes. I look around at Christmas ornaments, I have a moment where I think I'll paint the edge of the little table-top tree we have.... no, doesn't "feel" right. OK, I sigh. Back to the resource files. What do I have that has been sitting on a back burner? Of course... horses. I pick up a 6 x 6 inch canvas and begin.
It is now 9:30 and I'm finished.

"Lunch Break #2" This is a quick color study for a possible larger painting of horses that were tied up on a trail ride up in the desert canyons near Palm Springs. Lunch time, and the riders are off eating, while the horses wait, enjoying the rest after the hours on the trail. No place to go if they did get loose. Original oil, 6 x 6 inches on gallery-wrap canvas. Yes, the right hand horse is painted around the edge! On ebay HERE.

No comments: