Thursday, July 25, 2013

On the Road Again... with Paint Box

Seeing the world from the seat of a motorcycle is totally different than seeing it from a car seat. Today our two motorcycles traveled on one of the most memorable motorcycling roads in California--Highway 36--and it was QUITE the ride! Highway 36 is quite like a woman with mood swings--one moment you're on a beautifully maintained road with jaw-dropping vistas down to rivers and over to mountain ranges, and the next you're dropped into dark and swirling twisties without any road striping. Far better than any roller coaster, this road asks a lot of a motorcycle rider, and even more of the artist within me.

We stopped for a picnic lunch at the state park and  my artist side kicked in as I looked out over the Eel River and planned the layout of the levels of atmosphere from the rocky bars into the water to the distant blue-green redwoods. I sat on a small bridge with the sound of a happy family playing in the water behind me, and pulled this painting off my brushes.

The redwoods are awesome, and here are Joanna and my motorcycles parked at the base of some of the larger ones.

Tomorrow we head south, heading down the Avenue of the Giants and out to the northern coast with its ocean views, for our fourth overnight in Mendocino overlooking the Pacific.

Thank you for joining me on this journey of a lifetime!
---
The newest DVD on the Color System is HERE
You can see my entire blog HERE.
Color System information can be found HERE.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: