Thursday, June 22, 2006

June 22 - From Colorado Springs


I'm writing to you from Colorado Springs, in the state of Colorado, tonight, and am visiting friends I used to work with (ulp) 32 years ago, when I lived and worked in Europe. We've gathered to share memories and catch up with our lives, and it will be a gloriously fun weekend. However, I missed my connecting flight from Denver, so I had to rent a car and drive down. It's really late, and a "wet" daily isn't forthcoming. Interesting, though... when I arrived at my friend's place, my eyes fell on a painting I had done shortly after we'd met.
Now this is to be taken with a grain of salt, folks. This one is 30 years old, and I had no record or memory of it! It even has my *old* name signed... archivists will have a field day tracking down these...um... "gems".

No comments: